Hollis' favorite dye-painting brushes that she uses all the time.
This is the only brush Hollis uses to paint her backgrounds and large areas.
This is a wonderful brush that Hollis uses for special effects.
Learn to Dye-Paint with Expert Textile Artist Hollis Chatelain
Internationally recognized textile artist Hollis Chatelain opens her studio to unveil her techniques of dye-painting. You will learn the entire process from preparing your fabric to washing out your finished painting.
With Dye-Painting with Hollis, you will learn:
- How to choose fabrics and brushes to get the best results with fiber reactive dyes
- How to mix the dyes and chemicals and prepare the fabric
- How to control the dyes and get the most out of your different paintbrushes
- How to paint thin lines, large areas, and blend different colors together
- How to batch and wash out your painting properly with no color bleeds
Hollis Chatelain has earned an international reputation for her dye-painted portraits. Her easily recognized images reflect the many years she lived in Africa. Chatelain's work has received many awards and has been shown in numerous solo and group exhibitions. Her work has also been featured in multiple publications and several documentaries.
Running time: 92 minutes
Get all of your supplies in one place. The "Dye-Painting with Hollis" Start Kit contains the instructional DVD plus all the supplies you need to dye-paint!
The kit contains:
- DVD - "Dye-Painting with Hollis"
- 1 yard PFD mercerized cotton fabric
- 6 Procion Dyes (Turquoise, green, red, yellow, blue, purple)
- Print Paste Mix
- Soda Ash
- 6 well palette
- Set of 6 paint brushes
- Prismacolor pencil